How to format the report is up-to what your customer expects to see , but it cannot be complete without the below details
- The logical grouping of systems aligned to business portfolios
- A measure of overall business outcomes delivered
- And for each each system
- Availability and stability details - was it available when it was really needed?
- Did it perform well matching the business throughput expectations?
- For each incident
- Did the incident cause any business impact? Was it in critical path when that occurred?
- Was it resolved early enough to avoid a business impact?
- Learnings/measures in place to avoid recurrence
- Continuous service improvements opportunities for
- Improving availability/performance throughputs
- Improving contracts if you see that some of the dependant systems are managed under different contracts and causing a bottleneck
- etc (there are many things which really matters and come to light from such a report)
Do you now see a very good business reason for any IT service provider to start doing this (if they are not there yet)... the reality is that majority are not there yet.